Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Services (HVAC) is the technology involving various systems and equipment for the purposes of improving the comfort of the indoor environment. Like any other procedure, heating and cooling service as well as repair requires that you prepare well for the appointment, undertake the procedure during the right time of the year and have an idea of what the whole procedure involves.
How Do You Prepare for an HVAC Service Appointment?
As aforementioned, there is the need for you to prepare well for HVAC repair at any time, whether it is the routine HVAC service or a heating or cooling emergency. You need to have a checklist of things to be aware of before the entire procedure starts. Some of those things include:
- First, you need to have received a call from an HVAC repair contractor a day or a few days before the actual repair starts for confirmation purposes.
- Have the knowledge of where all the necessary HVAC systems and components are located. Some of the components and systems include thermostats, circuit breakers, water heater systems, heating or cooling equipment and duct-work among others.
- Ensure the systems and components are easily accessible. Remove anything that might be blocking them for example furniture or any other household items.
- For relevant equipment, you can take down their model numbers and store them safely.
- When the HVAC contractors arrive, you will need to be prepared to answer questions they have. Take notes of all the recent problems in your heating or cooling systems and present them to the contractors when they arrive. These may involve problems such as uneven cooling and rattling ducts. Noting the day that the problem started is also important.
What Time of the Year is the Best for HVAC Maintenance Service?
The best time to conduct an HVAC maintenance service is just before the time you are going to use it most. For example, if you have a heater, but no AC, the best time for its maintenance is just before the temperature begins to plummet. On the other hand, if you only have an air conditioner with no heat pump, the best time for its maintenance is just before the beginning of spring (when the temperature begins to rise). It is even more complicated when you have both a heater and a cooler. However, the best thing to do is to figure out at what time are you going to use the systems most then conduct the maintenance just before that time.
What are the Routine Services Conducted During the HVAC Maintenance Check?
During the maintenance check, HVAC repair contractors may conduct the following services:
- Inspect fuses and wiring
- Test that refrigerant levels
- Inspecting the refrigerating unit and adjust the level where necessary
- Inspecting of the control box and other associated control accessories
- Inspecting of the compressor and any damage cause to the tubes
- Lubricating the motor and replacing of fan belts where necessary
- Inspection of the heat exchangers and elements
It is important that you appoint a professional HVAC contractor to perform maintenance check on your home cooling and heating system at least once a year. The time to undertake the procedure however depends on when you intend to use the systems most. You also need to have a checklist and what to expect during the entire maintenance operation as discussed above and always work with a service provider who offers a 24-Hour AC Repair service.